Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
|My booth at the August FFAT, with my new door card-rack|
|So after this show above, an unexpected rain storm hit Lubbock one night. In the moment, this storm was a major blessing because our area, only a small part of the entire area in Texas being affected by the worst drought in over a century, was immensely dry and had had grass fires along with fires that destroyed property and homes all summer. A few days later though I visited the gallery and my booth had been rained on; a major leak through the roof of the gallery. So...a little cleanup took place, and the ripping apart of some items, mostly flowers. One canvas ended up needing to be taken apart, and I'll soon fix it up all brand new. |
|Tearing some of my damaged paper flowers from their stems. Ended up playing "He loves me, he loves me not" to help my heartbroken feelings of having to destroy my own art. It's hard to do! But at the same time, it did feel great to tear something apart haha.|
|Empty stems, awaiting some new petals.|
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Monday, May 2, 2011
- 2 more finals in the next 2 days
- Parents anniversary
- Mom's birthday
- Mothers day
- Mission to Ukraine and Greece
- Making wedding stuff and art market display stuff
- Trip to San Francisco, CA with my Mom and Aunt
- Friend's wedding right after!
So I'm pretty stoked about this month, it will truly be very exciting and bittersweet.
After May though, I'll be working on my to-do list for my business plan.
- Tax paperwork/ filing
- Logo copyright
- possible new picture settings
- more concrete line of basic cards
- Art Market display
- Choosing which products are the main lines, concentrate on those
- Attempting to zone in on my shop's "look" (mainly finding a "genre" to fit into)
- making more contacts, talking business with them
- and I'll think of more later...
My to-do list is set, and I can't wait to get started. But as for now, I have 2 more projects and then I need to get myself graduated. I'm so excited about graduating!!!
New treasury about the drought here in Texas. Check it out!