Saturday, August 16, 2014

Winding down from this Summer Rush!!

So. Very. Tired.

I'm learning how bad it is for you to not get the required amount of sleep everyday.  My bad habit of working really late and labeling myself as a 'Night Owl' are just not conducive to keeping a healthy lifestyle, especially not for a small business owner who works in only the free hours outside of my office job.  Along with all of the trials of life going on simultaneously, it is wearing me down very fast.  So... I made the decision yesterday to go into vacation mode, and force detox myself from all of the work, responsibility, obligations, and stress I allow myself to be a slave to.  Luckily, I get the chance to also go out of town for the birth of my first nephew, and spend some time helping family with him.

See, if I don't take care of myself, then how in the world can I take care of a small business?  When I'm tired, I lose my passion for creating, for thinking, for marketing, for integrating, and for keeping important connections with people.  I lose time to do important things, to pray, to be physically active, etc. etc.  It all begins to spiral out of control until you can't even find your grounding to hold on at all.

God has given me this opportunity to own my own business and to use creative skills only He has given.  To spoil it or let it become some non-stop machine would not help the person He gave it to in the first place.  I know He wants me to take care of all that he has given me; this includes me.  If I ever want this business to become something beautiful and beneficial to others, I've got to make sure that I'm present to take it and run with it.


And now a digression! ....Here's some of the fun orders that happened in the studio this summer!  This was my first really busy wedding season, covering 4 weddings with either invitations or with full wedding party bouquets, and then one anniversary.


Will you be my Bridesmaid? card set (for 11 bridesmaids!)


Wedding Ceremony invitations to a lovely evening backyard wedding with a West Texas sunset:




set for a bride from Dublin, Ireland, with heirloom jewelry from her grandmother and great-grandmother









Full Set of wedding party bouquets: flowers were made from vintage comic books



A smaller set for a couple on their 5th Wedding Anniversary, vacationing and renewing vows in Las Vegas.







No comments:

Post a Comment